Please send resumes to: Careers@silexdata.com
AWS Cloud Architect
We are looking for an expert to fill a Cloud Architect role. This individual should be extremely motivated and desire to continuously learn and apply new technologies. A successful candidate will be an enthusiastic professional with a well-rounded technical skillset as well as a strong business acumen. We strive to be the best at what we do and over-deliver for our customers daily.
The Cloud Architect is a programmatic leader and solutions architect to advise, assist, and empower the creation, transformation, and maturation of the Cloud Journey.
- Analyze existing on-premise application landscapes to implement refactoring or rebuilding major application initiatives in the Cloud
- Create integrations for Cloud and On-premise Applications and play a major role in redesigning applications
- Provide the technical direction for the cloud platform roadmap, including analysis microservices and public API
- Develop cloud native solutions within AWS in a dynamic and agile environment
- Design and development infrastructure to support business-critical applications and services
- Manage the architecture, containerization, and deployment of cloud systems within AWS
- Management of native cloud technologies for user management, security, costing and tools
- Understand on boarding applications onto IaaS, PaaS and SaaS offerings, deployment automation, DevOps, scripting, containers and Cloud Governance
- 10+ years overall industry experience
- 5+ years’ experience as a cloud architect in a large enterprise environment
- 5+ years of experience with Cloud solutions, platforms, and technologies
- 3+ years of experience across the application development lifecycle
- AWS Solutions Architect Professional and/or AWS DevOps Engineer Professional certification (REQUIRED)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electronics, Information Systems or related field, or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of Security, Authentication, MFA, Authorization, B2C, Data Privacy, Identity and Access Management (IAM), Cryptography / Key Management, Access Controls and Security Protocols
- Well-rounded and deep technical knowledge of AWS services including (but not limited to): EC2, S3, RDS, Control Tower, VPC networking, Transit Gateways, Direct Connect, IAM, Config, Lambda, CloudFront, Glacier, ELB, KMS, WAF, AWS automation etc
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented — enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible — enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Autonomous/Independent — enjoys working with little direction
- Innovative — prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
*Preferred that candidate live close to the Nashville, TN area, but not required*
About Silex Data Solutions
Silex Data Solutions is a minority owned Value-Added-Reseller and Systems Integrator Based in Franklin, TN. Silex was founded by a group of industry veterans who saw a need to shift the discussion from infrastructure to a customer data strategy. We are made up of a diverse group of individuals with decades of experience at all levels of the IT industry: former customers, resellers, and manufacturers.
We leverage this knowledge to ensure a positive experience when our customers embark on new IT projects and initiatives and our success is fueled by the success of our customers. Join the Silex team and be a part of our diverse and ever-growing company culture.
Job Type: Remote, Full-time, Monday-Friday